How To: Create Template Forms
One of our favorite features of Dubsado is how easy it is to build your forms. Building your form templates should not be something that you should dread, nor should a system force you to make it look a certain way. With Dubsado's from builder your forms will freakin' ROCK!
- To build your forms, head on over to the left menu bar. Click TEMPLATES then FORMS.
- This will take you to the future home of all your beautiful templates. So let's create a new one. Click NEW FORM on the top right hand corner.
- We have some templates in there for you pre-made if you would like to use them. They are all yours. But let's just create a new one! Pick your form type on the right side. Questionnaire, Contract or Quote. Then click CLEAR FORM to start from scratch!
- Now is the fun part, drag and drop your items from the options on the right side! I love putting a photo header at the top, but that is just me, but this is where you can put your logo as well. Once the item is placed on the form, just on that field and you can edit the options. If you would like to delete just simply drag to the trash can! See the "silent" video below for a quick run through!
- Adding a contract template is the same process, just there are more options on the contract one. Initials and signature area.
- With contracts there is an option for you the business owner to counter sign. After adding the signature box, by clicking on it you will get the pop up shown below. Leaving that box unchecked will leave it open for your clients to sign. Checking the box will lock it for your clients and only allow you, the business owner to counter sign!
The template form builder is your bones for all your forms. If you wanted to edit a form or a contract SOLELY for that job and not on the template, you can do so once you have added the form to the job and edit in job mode. This edit will only apply to that job specifically! :)
Hope this was helpful. Any questions at all, feel free to ask away!
Happy Form Building,
Becca & Jake